Monday, March 23, 2009

..gone for weeks, now it’s back

I wanted to give precious change (a bit) to my blog as a treat for having been my hangout for more than a year. That’s why I decided to purchase and paid my own domain.

I followed the instructions on the blogspot settings, set and registered a domain myself. Then I found out days after that google apps registered it with GoDaddy.com. As far as I know, I bought it from google apps then why there’s this GoDaddy.com? So I chased my domain at GoDaddy and try to follow the long links to activate advance settings. Until I made a one wrong click and it turns out mess. I was really frustrated about it. The more, I’m getting anxious because I had a hard time registering it through my busy schedule. I called GoDaddy customer line and would get some help but still I wasn’t able to retrieve my registered domain for some reason. So if by chance you’ll find your way to GoDaddy.com, there you can see SHINEELLENMAYatCHICORIVER.com is for bid, auction and most of all it’s for sale at much higher price than I paid for it.

I am tongue-tied when I saw it and with that I’m so upset. Couldn’t think of a better reason to explain and give myself the right conclusion how internet really works. My consolation now is there’s this blogspot.com for free. (Although I feel sad to the dollars I spent for the registration, sayang naman :) ) So why would I leave it and bother to spend time with things without assurance?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen,

It looks like the domain is registered and pointing towards Blogger, but not at your blog. Are you sure your settings are correct?

Anonymous said...

Hello Duncan,
Thanks for dropping by!

I bought a domain but something went wrong with it. (bit upset then I back-off) So I'm at blogspot again and I think settings aren't settled yet. I'll try to go back and check the settings.

-ellen

daydreamerping said...

welcome back to blogspot @ellen =)