Tuesday, November 20, 2007

There and here; then and now

I have the feeling of excitement and nervousness year ago when papers were on processed for abroad. I might one a failure or be lucky enough. Fortunately I am very lucky.

Days came near and I am about to leave our dearest place. By then I am already bit hesitant to prepare my things for my trip aboard. Thinking of leaving everything that makes me who and where I am. Getting lonely as I count on the days left, I even thought of withdrawing not to go. But I came to think over again, this is the thing I was once wished and hoped for. Here it is, a wish granted. So I really have to go, leave all the people I love and those close to my heart, give up my work where I have learned a lot, abandon all those youth activities/gatherings/happenings that give me joy and fulfillment. I am taking it; I will take it as another adventure, besides being apart from those might not be bad at all.

Being now in a foreign land so far I am at good shape. Not far from liking the place although I am still adjusting the way how life is spend here. I can not help but I am missing back home. There is the presence of relatives and kabayans but of course somehow life is still different way back. This feeling might be the so called homesick nor maybe I left the country not much ready or either something is more than that. Shall I have to admit that perhaps my heart was left beyond? Well whatever it is, I do missed home and truly there is no place like home.

4 comments:

G said...

Someone said "Home is where the heart is." Siguro nga, you left your heart here ;) cuz if you took it with you, dapat sana you feel at home there wherever you are. But i totally am with you with how you feel. I'm one person who can never leave home permanently. I'm like a homing pigeon, cuz when I go some place, I start counting the days when I'll be back home again.

Blessings be upon you, sis! :)

abella said...

if you read Genesis or exodus, it might help:) or is it connected with how you are feeling now?

hope things change though so you could cope with where you are:)

ellenmayjoyceasacla said...

hi ganda! thanks for coming by. probably yes. i am a homebody too that is why i felt strange.(ate i'm adding you in my blog list, hope you won't mind)

hello abella! thanks also for visiting. i will consider reading those one of this days. i'm looking forward too in coping up easily.

Thanks again to both of you for the comforting words.

ellenmayjoyceasacla said...

and abella as well, i'm adding you in my bloglist. thanks.