Tuesday, October 30, 2007

AGE THAT WORRIES

During my college days I have wish to be an older one than my age. There’s the rush of becoming a 25th-year old lady or so, a more mature than usual college stud girl. A wish reasons I am not certain of. It might be for these things; the drive to be out from school and work towards goal to show the world I can; the admiration I have for those successful young man and woman in their office attires; or maybe because my man is ahead of me more than a decade. Either on these things I just really wanted to be by then.

Now reaching my 25th birthday was already a bit worry. It is reversal to what I am wishing before. And I found out that a close female friend of mine is scared too upon reaching her 26th birthday on October 25th. Another is my cousin, 28th year old lady, bit afraid that she might pass 30 without having married. Some peers also I have met worries in common that they are running out of time so they need to be married as long as possible, the soonest it can be.

Why the worries?

In my case, I started to feel the worry because looking back I don’t have much accomplishments yet. I have a lot of wants to do. First in mind, I want to regain myself from emotional struggles. I am not being regretful, actually I am happy, and yes I do. But the thing is this head was inflamed, deemed paralyze. I need to reset the way I have had before so that it could be in good function again. Just maybe. And a bit improvement for me would be a good idea.

Second thing, my family is my home, where my heart is and who I am. To see them happy and settled in a good living condition is the very heart of my effort. Thirdly, I want to extend help to my relatives which I think is best. Another, I spent almost half of my age in our parish youth ministry, regardless of my senti’s I want to share them my support in any kind as long as I could. The last thing but not the least for the moment is to see my community a peaceful and clean place to live in. I want to contribute in any way I could towards achieving this vision.

But oh my, it seems that I am running out of time too to achieve all this want-to-do lists. And how about my personal thing, I have not included it yet and yet with the above mentioned it seems to occupy my whole life. Oh no!…………(age will you please remain)uu

4 comments:

Bugan said...

Hi,

I love your photos of the river! And I enjoyed reading this post. Reminded me of my own fears when I was much younger. But your friend is right, age is all in the mind. And when you think of it, you never really stop worrying about adding a year to year life, do you? So I guess the best thing to do is to take each day as it comes:-) Take care!

admindude said...

Hehe, this post reminds me of my age. Pero suwerte ka nga at you still haven't reached 25. I'm way much older than that hehe.

Off topic: I'd like to thank you for voting for me in the blog contest. I couldn't have won without your support. Salamat kabsat :-)

ellenmayjoyceasacla said...

Hello bugan!

Thank you so much for dropping by. I'm glad you did enjoy reading.
I do agree with you. We can do nothing but to enjoy every single moment that comes. Take care too and come again. {(I want to add you in my blog list, hope you won’t mind.)}


Hi sir b,

You are most welcome. You deserve it. I first thought just click and click. But then it came to mind, clicking might not be counted so I decided to leave messages. It was indeed fun. Congratulations again.

G said...

i remember when I turned 25. I thought there's some sort of a magic that comes with it--that I'll be able to think deeper, speak smarter, etc. well, I found out there's no magic except that younger ones listen when you talk (at least most of the young ones close to me) and the older ones expect you to act, think, and speak your age. whatever they mean by that... :) cuz truly, the only change is the number one writes in the "AGE" boxes of forms that one fills out. well, there's the priorities too... they change drastically..

and maybe some fine lines...

cheers to you sis! be merry while you're yet young!